About the job:
Higharc is growing its team to build a powerful, interactive, web-based home design platform. This role will contribute to our offline photoreal rendering backend to deliver high quality, sales-ready images to designers and consumers.
The right candidate for this role prioritizes working software over perfection and wants to deliver code, get user feedback, and iterate. Be prepared to share live examples of applications you’ve built.
This is a full-time role that can be held remotely in the continental United States or from our offices in Durham, NC, San Francisco, CA, or Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do:
- Help deliver a state of the art offline rendering/cinematic pipeline, run under AWS, based on Unreal Engine
- Work with the rest of engineering team to maintain and add new features to this system
- Deliver content tools and automated pipelines in collaboration with content and art development teams
- Write tests to ensure we can deploy new features with high reliability
- Mentor junior engineers
You might be a good fit if you have:
- An inspiring GitHub profile or website that demonstrates killer graphics projects and content pipelines that you've built
- 5+ years professional working experience in Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar game engines
- Examples of toolkits and pipelines you have created that have partially or fully automated content or artwork development
- Experience deploying complex, high-uptime applications running in a datacenter
- Experience writing UI's with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system) is a plus
- Familiarity with virtual production, film/tv production rendering, or game cinematic workflows preferred
- Proactive communication skills adapted to a remote work environment